Chocolate Chunk Cookies
This has been one recipe I have been making for nearly as long as I have been married. I often double the recipe in my 5 qt Kitchen Aid Mixer
1 cup soften butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 1/4 cup flour
1 12 ounce bag (2 cups) semi sweet chocolate chunks
Preheat oven to 375
Cream butter and sugars to light and fluffy
Add egg and vanilla
Add salt, baking soda, baking powder
Slowly add flour
Mix in chocolate with wooden spoon
Using a small scoop place on baking sheet 2 inches apart and bake for 8-10 minutes until light brown. I use stoneware and bake for 10 minutes.
Before we ever had children, whenever Brian had travel, I would make these cookies and send some with him on his road trips.
*** Freeze and Bake Cookies ***
If you like to save time and money and have fresh baked cookies without all the work later Make the above cookie recipe, make the dough into balls, flash freeze on a flat surface, once frozen, place them in a freezer bag. Use a sharpie marker to date the bag use within 3 months. When you want fresh chocolate chip cookies take how ever many will fit on your baking sheet out of the bag place on baking sheet and bake. Usually take a minute or two longer than if made fresh.
Clutter Rehab is back new and improved!
3 months ago

Looks Yummy!!!!! Thank you for the recipe.
ReplyDelete